07 October 2013

Sewing patterns

Ever since my mother taught me to use a sewing machine I have been making my own clothes, and later toys and costumes for my children, but I have never been so inspired as I am now by the beautiful patterns which are becoming available. 

I am lucky enough to live near the truly inspiring Merchand & Mills retail shop in Rye and saw the first of their new collection of tissue patterns in the shop this weekend. The project has taken months to perfect and sits alongside their existing range of cardboard patterns. And the first pair of trousers is launched! 


Merchant & Mills

The aesthetic simplicity and girlish styling of Japanese pattern books has always been elusive until publishers such as Laurence King started to release English language versions. The latest book from Japanese sewing designer Yoshiko Tsukiori is called Stylish Dress Book: Clothing for Everyday Wear, and features 26 tops, trousers, jackets and dresses. 



Leischen Müller's collection of downloadable DIY doll patterns are just so charming, and capture her refined naivety perfectly.


Leischen Mueller Lisa DIY doll pattern

Leischen Mueller Lisa DIY doll pattern


No comments:

Post a Comment